Frank Lonnqvist, Managing Director
Frank, who joined the firm in September 2015, has been living in Singapore since 1984 and has worked across Asia for over 30 years.
Prior to joining Asia Carbon Search Frank spent 20 years running his own boutique Singapore-based executive search firm. The firm focused on Asset Management, Banks, Private Equity, Telecoms, Aviation, Shipping and Offshore. Assignments ranged from CEOs to CFOs to Regional Business Heads and Directors. With respect to financial institutions, he is particularly strong with wholesale banking front office positions, markets and transportation finance. He has made numerous senior placements across Asia.
The first half of Frank’s career was in banking. He spent 11 years in London with Hambros Bank and Lloyds Bank International. The final eight and half years were in Singapore where his final position was Regional Head Asia, CEO and Board Member of Kansallis International Bank / Kansallis-Osake-Pankki, Finland’s largest bank at that time. He also represented Nordfinanz Bank from Switzerland and Gotabanken from Sweden.
- 1994-August 2015: Founder, Owner and Managing Consultant, Gunnar Consulting, Singapore
- 1993-1994: Co-founder and Managing Director, The Consulting Partnership, Singapore
- 1984-1993: Regional Head Asia, CEO and Board Member, Kansallis International Bank / Kansallis-Osake-Pankki, Singapore
- 1978-1984: Deputy Department Head, Lloyds Bank International, London
- 1973-1978: Department Head, Hambros Bank, London
- Asset Management
- Aviation Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Services
- Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Shipping Finance
- Wholesale Banking
Managing DirectorFrank joined the firm’s Singapore office in September 2015. Born in Finland, he has lived in Singapore since 1984.
- M.Sc. in Economics, The London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
- MBA and BBA, Helsinki School of Economics/Aalto University, Finland
- Frank is fluent in English, Finnish, Swedish and knows basic German